How can you help in the fight against Slavery and Human Trafficking?
Here are my ‘Top 5 Tips’ on how you can get involved in combating this barbaric crime
1) Ensure you are aware of the issue by looking at the ‘What is Slavery?‘ section on this website.
2) Educate your friends, families and communities about this issue and how it is still existing today.
3) Meet with or write to your local councillors to show them you care about combating human trafficking and ask what they are doing to address it.
4) Be a conscientious consumer. Ask where you tomatoes are picked from, where the cotton in your hotel bed sheets came from and who made your clothes. Encourage companies to take steps to investigate and prevent human trafficking in their supply chains and to then publish this information for their consumers. Raise your voice, make yourself heard!
5) Finally, social media is a great tool in the hands of the wrong people. Perpetrators and traffickers will use social media to victimise you, so stay safe and be aware of your E-Saftey!